Saturday, May 3, 2008

Westminster Walk and Legal London Walk

May 2, 2008--Legal London Walk

Near the Bank tube stop.


The old Guildhall square.


Guildhall square (or maybe this IS the Guildhall--we couldn't figure that out).


This is the gate to one of the Churches. I think it is dedicated to St Bartholomew the Great, or there is a statue of him or something. I didn't see a statue, so who knows.... It will come to me later.


St Bartholomew


St Bartholomew (check out the gravestones...)


St Bartholomew


It is fascinating how Modern and Old World juxtapose each other in London. I mean, look at this city street!


Some cool ornamentals on an overpass.


I just thought this was funny due to the sign that says "Dead Slow"... Don't know what it means.


Cool building. I can't remember if there was a specific reason I took a picture of it.


I believe we surmised this is the Temple Bar (the Statue). But we aren't sure.


Another cool building.


Entrance to King's College in London.


Have no idea what this is but I thought it was pretty.


Temple Church--It is circular like the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. This area is referred to as "the Temple" because it was owned by the Knights Templar. I'm pretty sure this is the oldest church in London... or something to that affect. I'll check my knowledge.


Temple Church


Temple Church


Westminster Walk:


Big Ben!


Park beside Parliament. It amazes me how London can be so big, busy, and noisy, yet there are hundreds of places like this park next to Parliament where the city falls away and a calm, peaceful hush surrounds you.


Not sure what this is, but that is Parliament in the background. This is in the Park pictured above.


A view of Parliament and Big Ben from the opposite side of the Thames.


Another view of Parliament and Big Ben from the opposite side of the Thames.


This is a statue of Richard the I (the Lionheart) outside of Parliament.


This is a statue of Oliver Cromwell outside of Parliament.


Westminster Abby--It costs £11.00 to tour the Abby (roungly $22) so I am still debating whether I want to give up the money to do that.


The frieze above the doorway to the Abby.

These guys played their instruments on the Tube. I have seen several musicians in the halls of the Tube, but none on the actual trains! They were by far the best musicians I have heard on the subway and I thought they were a lot of fun, so I taped them. Sorry the camera work isn't great. The Tube isn't the best place to film! I believe they were Irish. Their accent wasn't overly pronounced, however, so I couldn't guarantee that. Still, they were a lot of fun to listen to.



Please let me know if the video works of not. Thanks!

1 comment:

Michael Mercer said...

The video works and everything else looks awesome! Don't forget to train your roomies in the use of the life-saving shot! Have a great time! I will look in from time to time.