Sunday, May 25, 2008

7 May 2008: Beachy Head

Beachy Head is a 536 ft cliff that is part of the same chain of cliffs that the White Cliffs of Dover are a part of (in the south of England). They are white chalk cliffs, just like Dover's. Beachy Head is also the last part of a chain of hills known as the Seven Sisters. It was really beautiful, cold, and WINDY!

There wasn't much to do but walk around up there. however, it had a lovely view of the English Channel. Apparently on a really clear day you can see France! As you can tell in the pictures below, it was clear, but a little hazy toward the horizon line. Enjoy!


I guess that building far off in the distance is a lighthouse, but I LOVE this photo!


The scene that I came from... the coach is over by that building.




It's a looooong way down to that those rocky shores below! Don't slip!























My first view of Beachy Head! (Or rather, my first view of the English Channel from the top of Beachy Head!)


That weird noise is the sound of the wind!


And this would be Kaleb (top), Zac (middle), and my professor, Joe. Kaleb and Zac are Joe's boys. This reminded me of Daddy. :D I LOVE YOU PAPA!

And that's Beachy Head.

No comments: