- rubbish/rubbish bin--trash/trash cans.... they never say the word garbage. it's always rubbish! :P
- queue--line (such as a grocery line... "Are you in the queue?" Threw me for a loop the first time I heard this.)
- garden--yard (apparently it's really insulting if you tell a Brit you like their "yard"; it's always a garden)
- life buoy--life preserver (the ring kind that you throw at people in movies)
- cheers--kinda like a thank you or good bye... people will say "excuse me... cheers!" and stuff like that...