Friday, May 23, 2008

Camden Town & Camden Market

I love Camden Market and Camden Town. I think it is by far one of my favorite spots in London. There are two types of Brits--the really quiet, reserved type and then the ones who are the exact opposite. Pretty much all of Camden Town is inhabited (or so it seems) by the latter rather than the former. The whole things is a blast, plus the majority of the stuff there is dirt cheap. Mom, India--we are DEFINITELY coming here! Forewarning you!!!


Camden Town... this is just the main street


Another shot of Camden Town


Hee hee... This is sorta like Robocop meets Goth chick. LOVE it!


Some sweet shoes that I refrained from purchasing... I liked the yellow ones and the black & white ones.


Thought the shoes were pretty awesome. Not only were they plastic platforms, but they have glittery plastic butterflies too! I belatedly realized that the "peace" sign in America is the Bird in England... whoops! So yeah, that's me, flipping the world off! TWICE!

My favorite person that I saw at the Market... We were trying to be inconspiquous, so I had Jenny "pose" for me while I took a picture of this dude. Sadly, he turned to the guy on the right just as I was snapping the photo!!! I was saddened by this... His face was awesomely decorated, too!


I just thought it was.... gleefully colorful?


I thought this dress would be pretty awesome on Brittanie and would have bought it for her had I known her measurements.


An Earth Goddess in an organic food restaurant---I took it for Kate!


A beautifully embroidered and beaded skirt from India.


Another beautifully embroidered and beaded skirt from India.


Sweet!


We thought it might look better on me. As opposed to changing in the open (which is not uncommon, actually), we decided a hold-up shot was more appropriate.


I wish I had gotten more photos of Camden Market, but seriously, it's like the place where all the goths, punks, wackos, and druggies get together and sell things. It was FABULOUS. SO much random stuff, and some really beautiful stuff, too! Plus, they have some of the WEIRDEST stores. Like this one called Cyberdog, where they sell clothing that looks like it walked straight out of the movie Fifth Element--funky neon orange crotch suspenders and white strategically-placed strappy outfit and all. Apparently there isn't any photography allowed in the store but I didn't catch that sign, so I caught a brief--and I do mean BRIEF--video of what it was sort of like before the curiously dressed girl with the nose ring yelled at me in a British accent. But seriously.... Fifth Element. Watch it. Totally the same type of style. Or better yet click here!

No comments: